Tuesday, April 5, 2016

dream city jail

one winter day my brother jeff called, he was in jail for the umpteenth time. it's always for disorderly conduct, so I got mad and handed the phone to my mother and then started making this jail cell in honor of jeff . it took about a week to finish it. I hung his picture on the wall. I made the mattress from a piece of burlap and then soaked it in tea to make it look aged.  the food tray is a piece of plastic that a miniature came in, I put a piece of mat board to separate the compartments and painted it silver,  I made the food.  the sink is a syrup package, the original toilet was a miniature from a bathroom set, after the remodel I change the toilet, the new toilets are from a candy toy I painted white. the soap box is a printie and the soap is a piece of green fimo for irish spring soap. I made a lot of printies for letters and stamps,  a box of matches, cigarettes, a radio, a bible, a flower pot, a roll of toilet paper from real toilet paper,  magazines, and a little tv. the first pictures is the one I made a few years ago, and then I remodeled to make a double cell. later I came across a photo of a jail cell in American miniaturist magazine almost like mine.  the original name was smith county jail after the remodel I rename it dream city county jail.  thanks shirley










No comments:

Post a Comment