Wednesday, April 6, 2016

ronny's donuts

Ronny's donuts is a tribute to my brother ronny who passed away april 18, 2007 from cancer, I wrote a story about him that was published in the American miniaturist magazine issue #56 2007. I made this room box for my mother. ronny was a baker for years at dunkin donuts, his photo hangs on the back wall where he is  making donuts. I made all the donuts from fimo,  the yellow hoppers are made from magic model clay the jars have sprinkles of different colors, the mop is yarn
 on a stick, the mop bucket is a clear piece of plastic I painted yellow, the sink facet is a straw with strips of glue for water, I made the sink, the table the counters the shelves and the stove and the hood, the two pots of flour are deodorant tops painted silver, the brown bags of flour under the table are made from a paper bag, the jelly containers  are made from jelly containers, the ceiling fan is made from popsicle sticks and a bead on a dowel, at the time this was made I didn't use dolls in my scenes, so I had a muslin doll I used. I now have 1:12 dolls but decided to keep this as is. thanks shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment